Hope4Change, located at the old Armory building at 4100 Reading Rd has applied for a liquor permit, which the Paddock Hills Assembly is objecting to. A hearing is set for Monday, 10/24 @ 1:00 pm at City Hall, 3rd floor, Room B and we would like the community to come support our objection. We NEED people to show up!
Our reasoning is based on the following:
- The permit will be tied to the premises, which can change ownership and purpose at any point. Today’s rental hall can be tomorrow’s night club.
- The building is currently for sale, though not advertised.
- The ever changing nature of this business (rental hall, Uhaul center, educational center) reeks of desperation. Is the permit to make the building more valuable for sale?
- The director of the current operation may have serious character issues (I will not divulge, but the City attorney has brought this to our attention)
- The proximity to our neighborhood would make our streets susceptible to possible “after hours” issues we would certainly not want.
We need to make a strong showing for this event. Please make every effort possible.